Wednesday, February 06, 2013

If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him about YOUR plans.. #LifeAfter

I left Brooklyn, New York on January 12th. I will be headed back in a few days to fulfill some commitments I made months earlier.

I'm not ready to go back and the family situation I have waiting for me combined with the snowy forecast - is not helping my mood.

You see, just before I left New York, something I suspected was happening with my mother - was all but confirmed. Imagine my anguish and sadness.

With out giving too much away at this time, let's just say that my mother's situation will require plenty of hands on assistance - and given my self-employed - set my own hours - type of career - oh yeah, and I am the eldest child - It looks like I'm the one who will have to step up to the plate and handle things.

So, instead of me being away for months at a time - I will have to break up my trips, so that I can be in Brooklyn - more than I'm away from it.

My plans haven't completely gone up in smoke -- but they are smoldering a bit.

I've been thinking a lot about what my future holds, but mostly about who will step up to plate and take care of me, when and if I get to a point when my mind and/or body begins to fail me....and I got tell you the thought is scaring the hell out of me, because I don't believe that person has entered my life yet.





  • Bernice L. McFadden
  • 6 comments:

    Emile Sissac Jr. said...

    Hope all goes well with your mother's health, and your career. Just keep your faith in yourself and The Creator. Things work out for the better when we believe that they will.

    Emile Sissac Jr. said...

    Hope all goes well with your mother's health, and your career. Just keep your faith in yourself and The Creator. Things work out for the better when we believe that they will.

    kizzy said...

    I wish you and your mother well.

    Tracey said...

    It will be all good. One day at a time, one step @ a time. Prayers for you & your mom. Having this new responsibility may open another door you never dreamed. I see you being in Brooklyn, running into that special someone, then them taking care of you in your later years. The end. How's that for a book storyline? :-)

    maggie said...

    Hi Bernice, so Grateful for the gift you share. Praying for your Mom, for you and your entire family situation for peace, health and continued wisdom. Remember HIS word: "...for I KNOW the plans I have for you.."; I'm sure as your spirit does its settling, you will recall and know afresh that your name is written in the palm of His hands and none of this is accidental.

    Albert Einstein Quotes said...

    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

    You Might Also Enjoy

    Related Posts with Thumbnails