Thursday, September 12, 2013

Second Chances...


I'm a firm believer in second, third, tenth...infinite chances!
My life is a great example of infinite chances.

Nowhere is a Place was my sixth and final novel with my first publisher. It was published in 2006. It came and went without much pomp and circumstance. 


I hated the cover art. The story itself is very close to my heart and soul because it was born from my genealogy research. I dedicated the book to my father who had died the previous year. The Washington Post declared Nowhere is a Place as one of The Best Books of 2006.

Fast forward seven years (lucky seven!) and Nowhere is a Place is enjoying a second life...my current publisher, Akashic Books reissued the novel this year. It has a beautiful new cover and a lovely blurb from a gifted and celebrated writer (Lynn Nottage) who I greatly admire. 




And now, it's been selected for National Reading Group Month (October 2013) from the Women's National Book Association.

Second chances, rock!



1 comment:

Monique Swayzer said...

I love this book! I have read it several times over. Congrats on your "second chance"!

You Might Also Enjoy

Related Posts with Thumbnails